DirectJNgine 3.0 is finally out!
Version 3.0 signals a change from ExtJs 4.x to 5.x as the officially supported version. This means that I perform development, and especially testing, using ExtJs 5.x -at this moment the exact version is 5.1.0.
It is very likely, however, that ExtJs 4.x will work ok with DirectJNgine 3.0. But due to limited resources, I just can’t keep developing and testing against multiple versions of ExtJs.
The main changes from 2.x to 3.0 are as follows:
- We have moved to ExtJs 5.x as the plataform we use for development and testing.
- We have a new connector that supports using both CDI and Spring beans at the same time (class SpringAndCdiDispatcher).
- We have updated to the newer versions of the libraries used by DirectJNgine.
- We have had to change how we integrate with the ExtJs Direct examples, because the Sencha guys have changed their underlying infrastructure.
- With regards to CDI and Spring, we are testing against CDI 1.0 and 1.2 and Spring 3.2.x and 4.1.x.
- Downloads: we have moved to http://www.softwarementors.com/directjngine/downloads/ as the go to place for downloads.
As you can see, there are not many changes, but we felt that it was important to make it clear we are moving from ExtJs 4.x to 5.x: hence the move from version 2.x to 3.x.